الاثنين، 7 سبتمبر 2009

Invocation for Serenity


Essentially, it is not important what I do for a living

I must know what my heart aches for

Do I dare to dream of facing my heart's longing?

It is not important how old I am

It is important that I am prepared to look like a fool

For my dreams and beliefs,

For love

And for the great adventure of being alive.


It is important that I know

The spiritual and emotional depths of my being.


It is important for me to know

If life's hardships have dried out my heart and

If I believe that I cannot feel anything any more.


Can I sit with pain, others' or my own, without seeking to hide it, fix it or change it?

Can I live with joy, my own or others'?

Can I live with spiritual wildness?

And let ecstasy fill all of me

And go on beyond the accepted limitations to be human?


Can I be true to myself regardless of what it may cost me in family, friends, wealth or reputation?

Can I find the courage not to betray my soul?


Can I be faithful and trustworthy to myself?

Can I see beauty when ugliness surrounds me?

Can I live with failure, mine and other people's?


It is not important in the larger story of my life

Whether I have material wealth, status or success

What is important is if I can get up

After hardship or a restless night,

Face the day and do what is right and true

Can I stand in my own light and not shrink back from its brilliance?


I know that what sustains me, when all else fails, is the inner serenity

that lives within me.

I can be alone with myself and like my own company

In the quiet moments of my life

Its meaning will be clear.


I can give myself the gift of self-knowledge, serenity and freedom from fear.


'The Tibetan Art of Serenity'

Christopher Hansard


Salam,

Cherine

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق